Monday, February 18, 2013

Cozy Crazy



Went a little cozy crazy this week.  Made the Totoro one for my friend and she took it to her office.  The next thing I know, I'm making a ton!  I started off with the Cthulhu one because I was familiar with making tentacles.  The next day I had an order for a Doraemon one.   

The formula I use is one that I adjusted from Denton's Inventions.  I use the Red Heart yarn mostly so I found that my cozies weren't big enough.  The pattern is pretty forgiving and I mostly just freestyle the designs on after doing a rough approximation on graph paper.

Currently working through the Avengers.  I wanted to do the JLA since I love love love DC way more than Marvel but sadly, I'm lacking a few colors.  I still have to do Hawkeye and Fury.  I've been doing comic versions of the cast but can't decide whether to make Fury comic version or movie version.

Cozy:

1. CH 40, SL ST with first chain
2-4. SC all (3 Rows)
5. (9 SC, DEC, 9 SC)*
5-7. SC all (3 Rows)
8. (17 SC, DEC)*
9-10. SC all (2 Rows)
11. (8 SC, DEC, 8 SC)*
12. SC all
SL ST to end

All detailing was done with yarn, except for Totoro's eyes which were made with buttons.

Cthulhu Tentacles:

Coil A: CH 16, (2 SC, INC)x5

Coil B: CH 13, (2 SC, INC)x4

On Row 12: 15 SC, Coil A, SC, Coil B, SC, Coil A, SC, Coil B, SC, Coil A, 15 SC


For all extremity items like the wings and ears, I wove the long finished end through the outer edge of the wings/ ears to help them keep the shape.

Captain America's Wings:

1. CH 4, Turn
2. 3 SC, CH 4, Turn
3. 3 SC, 3 HDC, turn
4. 5 SC, CH 4, Turn
5. 3 SC, 5 HDC, Turn
6. 6 SC, CH 4, Turn
7. 3 SC, 6 HDC, finish

Totoro Ears:

1. CH 4, turn
2. 1 SC, INC, 1 SC, CH 1, Turn
3. 1 SC, DEC, 1 SC, CH 1, Turn
4. DEC, finish

Any ideas of what I should do next?

1 comment:

  1. I finally signed up for a Blog !
    I need to learn how to do free hand from drawings. I can't wait to be able to do that. Also, I've seen some images of crochet cozies that cover like the whole mug and has a hole for the handles. those are nice too.

    ReplyDelete